adapted from Healthy Food for Living
• 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or spelt/oat flour)
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (2 egg whites) or flax egg (1 tbsp. ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp. water)
• 1 cup almond milk
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups shredded zucchini, squeeze out with hands to get rid of excess moisture
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk and vanilla extract.
3. Pour the wet ingredients and zucchini into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Scoop by the 1/4 cup onto a greased griddle.
5. Serve hot with some agave nectar.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Helps lower blood pressure
• Cancer prevention veggie
• Maintains low blood sugar
• Source of fiber, thiamin, manganese
• Good source of magnesium
• Helps prevent gallstones
• Decreases inflammation