1 large beet, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, chopped
1 cup of celery, chopped
6 cups of filtered water
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups of cabbage, thinly shredded
2 cups diced tomatoes
1.5 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
3-4 tbsp. dried dill (or fresh if you have it)
2 tsp sea salt
1 can of kidney beans
1) Put the beets, carrots, sweet potatoes and celery in a pot with the water , dill and salt and cook for about 30 minutes or until the veggies are cooked.
2) While the veggies are cooking, fry the onion and cabbage in olive oil for about 7 minutes (or till the cabbage is soft). Add the tomatoes and heat for 5 minutes.
3) Add the onion, cabbage and tomato mixture to the pot of veggies cooking in water and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the kidney beans and simmer again for 5 minutes.
4) Enjoy the warm Ukranian goodness!
Let’s talk Nutrition:
antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support.
Excellent source of folate
Good source of fiber
• Cancer prevention
• Antioxidant benefits (good source of vitamin A and C)
• Helps support the digestive tract
• Great source of Vitamin A and K
• Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
• Good for vision
• Helps the cardiovascular system
• Support for Bone and Connective Tissue
• Anti-inflammatory benefits
• Helps balance blood sugar levels