1/2 cup oil (coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil)
½-1 cup coconut sugar (can substitute any sugar)
1/4 cup silken tofu
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil, sugar, and tofu until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla to sugar mixture and blend.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add to sugar mixture in two parts, mixing well each time. Stir in coconut and strawberries.
5. Roll into small balls, place on cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
Let’s talk Nutrition:
• Full of Antioxidants
• Full of vitamin C and manganese
• Good for your eyes
• source of protein, calcium, iron and phosphorus, copper and manganese
• lowers cholesterol levels
• helps alleviate symptoms associated with menopause
• good source of omega 3 fatty acids
• Good source of selenium – an antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory trace mineral