Adapted from vegweb.com
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 medium chopped onion
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt, to taste
1 green pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1-1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-site pieces
1 1/2 cup black bean (soaked and boiled yourself) or 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons chopped green onion
1. In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and cumin together for 1 minute.
2. Add the onion, turmeric, and salt; sauté for 6 minutes.
3. Add the bell pepper, garlic, sesame seeds, pepper flakes and cook 1 minute. Add the cauliflower and cover, cooking for 6 minutes.
4. Add black beans; heat for 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat and add the chopped green onion.
6. Serve warm or store in the fridge till cool and serve cold.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K
• Great detoxifying vegetable
• Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
• Supports the cardiovascular system and the digestive system
• Extremely high in fiber
• Loaded with anti-oxidants
• Contains insoluble fiber
• High in iron at 20% RDA
• Regulates blood glucose absorption