Adapted from 101 Cookbooks Recipe
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
1 tsp sea salt
6 cups water
1 1/3 cup red lentils
1/2 cup brown rice
1. In a pot, saute the onions in the oil and salt and red pepper flakes for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the water and brown rice and bring to a boil.
3. Add the red lentils and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Add more green onions and a swirl of sesame oil.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• High in fiber
• Stabalizes blood sugar
• Lowers Cholesterol
• High in Iron
• Excellent source or manganese, magnesium and selenium
• Helps maintain a healthy body weight
• Rich in fiber
• Lowers cholesterol