1/2 cup oil (coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil)
½-1 cup coconut sugar (can substitute any sugar)
1/4 cup silken tofu
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil, sugar, and tofu until smooth and creamy. Add prepared egg equivalent, vanilla, and peppermint to sugar mixture and blend.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add to sugar mixture in two parts, mixing well each time. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Roll into small balls, place on cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Decreases blood pressure and improves blood vessel health
• Reduces risk of diabetes
• Stabilizes blood sugar
• Antioxidant that helps to protect the skin
source of protein, calcium, iron and phosphorus, copper and manganese
lowers cholesterol levels
helps alleviate symptoms associated with menopause
good source of omega 3 fatty acids
Good source of selenium – an antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory trace mineral