Adapted from Poor and Gluten Free
1/2 cup flax seed
1 tsp chia seeds
1/3 cup + 3tbsp water
1/2 cup millet flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp black pepper
1. In a large bowl, soak flax seeds and chia in water for 15 minutes. It will be goopy.
2. In the meantime, preheat oven to 375degrees. Grease a 9×11 cookie sheet baking sheet and sprinkle with flour.
3. Mix all remaining ingredients into the flax / chia mix and spread thinly onto the baking sheet. I found the best way to spread the crackers was to use a spatula coated in oil. Then I scored lines across the top to make the cracker shape so when they were cool I could scrape them off the pan and break them into squares, rather than my first attempt which yielded large chunks and lots of crumbs…
4. Bake at 375 degrees until crackers starts to brown on the edges (probably about 15 minutes), flip and bake a few more minutes.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• High in omega-3 essential fatty acids
• Contains soluble and insoluble fiber
• Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
• Gluten free
• High in Magnesium and Niacin (helps protect the heart)
• Helps prevent gallstones
• High in protein