Adapted from fatfreevegan.com
1 large onion chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
4 cups water
2 cups pureed squash
1 can of black beans (rinsed throughly)
2 green peppers chopped
2 medium potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
3 medium sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (with the peels left on)
2 1/2 tablespoons oregano
pinch of cayenne or other red pepper
2 teaspoon cumin
salt, to taste ( i used about 1 tsp of himalayan salt)
1. Heat a large soup pot and sauté the onions and garlic over medium heat until they soften.
2. Add in the water, squash, beans, peppers, and potatoes.
3. Stir in the oregano, cayenne, and cumin and salt.
4. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer.
5. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Good source of Vitamin A and C
• Has Anti-oxidant Anti-inflammatory properties
• Helps regulate bloods sugar levels