2 cups spinach
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 tbsp. stevia (or 1/2 cup cane sugar)
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond milk
1/4 coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease muffin tin if necessary, and set aside (I use non-stick).
3. Put spinach in food processor until it’s chopped finely. Add the milk, vanilla and oil and process again.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
5. Pour the spinach mixture into the flour mixture. Be careful not to over stir, but make sure there are no pockets of flour.
6. Fill cups 3/4 full and bake 20-25 minutes.
note: These are not very sweet. You can omit the stevia/sugar and vanilla to have a more savoury type muffin.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Contains antioxidants
• Great source of vitamin K, vitamin A and manganese