1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans or 1 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas
1 small onion, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons buckwheat flour (you can use any flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Put the chickpeas in a medium sized bowl and smash with a fork (or put in your food processor if you have one).
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Form into small balls and slightly flatten.
4. Place onto an oiled baking pan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes on each side, until nicely browned (since it’s baked, only the part actually touching the pan will be browned and crispy).
6. Some of my burgers fell apart and became crumbly. I think it was due to the fact that my chickpeas were too dry when I processed them. If this is the case, try adding more oil or you can even try an egg or a flaxseed egg (if you are vegan).
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Supports the digestive tract
• Good supply of antioxidants
• Regulates blood sugar
• Keeps you fuller longer