Recipe from Nook and Pantry
3 C packed coarsely grated daikon radish
3/4 tsp salt
2 green onions, minced
1 egg beaten
2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp pepper
About 1/2 C bread crumbs
Coconut or olive oil for frying
1. Coarsely grate the daikon radish and mix with 3/4 tsp of salt. Let this sit in a bowl or colander for 30 minutes.
2. After the 30 minutes, squeeze the water out of the daikon with your hands. You’ll want the daikon really dry.
3. Mix the daikon with minced green onion, beaten egg, flour, sesame oil, and pepper. Take 1/3 C of the mixture and form cakes that are about 1/2 in thick. You should get 5 or 6 cakes.
4. Scatter some bread crumbs on a plate and bread the top and bottom of each cake with a layer of panko.
5. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Panfry the cakes until the bottoms are golden brown. Flip the cakes over, add another 2 tsp of oil, and continue to panfry until the second side is golden brown. Serve with soy sauce if desired.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• High in Vitamin C
• Digestive Aid
• Anti-inflammatory, Antibacterial & Antiviral
• Good for your bones
• Good for your skin