1 1/2 cups brown Lentils
4 carrots, diced or shredded
2 cups of fresh spinach
4 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup fresh dill, diced or 2 tbsp dry dill
1. To cook lentils: In a saucepan bring 3 cups of water to a boil, then add lentils. Reduce to simmer and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
2. While the lentils are cooking chop the carrots and spinach and make the dressing.
3. For the dressing, combine tahini, vinegar, lemon juice and garlic and olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add more to taste.
4. When the lentils have finished cooking, place them in a large mixing bowl. If you’d like a cooler lentil salad, place the cooked lentils in a colander and run under cold water to cool them off; then place in a large mixing bowl. 5. Toss the lentils with the vegetables and add the dressing. Stir well to coat, then stir in dill.
6. Serve immediately, or set aside to marinate for a few hours.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
*High in fiber
*Stabalizes blood sugar
*High in Iron