1/2 cup oil (coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil)
½-1 cup coconut sugar (can substitute any sugar)
1/4 cup silken tofu
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup dark chocolate chips (or I used chocolate covered sunflower seeds)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together coconut oil, sugar, and tofu until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla to sugar mixture and blend.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add to sugar mixture in two parts, mixing well each time. Stir in chocolate chips and strawberries.
5. Roll into small balls, place on cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
Let’s talk Nutrition:
Full of Antioxidants
Full of vitamin C and manganese
Good for your eyes
source of protein, calcium, iron and phosphorus, copper and manganese
lowers cholesterol levels
helps alleviate symptoms associated with menopause
good source of omega 3 fatty acids
Good source of selenium – an antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory trace mineral