3/4 cup barley flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon stevia
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk (soy, regular, almond)
½ cup applesauce
1 tablespoon light oil
handful of dark chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together barley flour, oat flour, stevia, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, and oil.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, and whisk until just combined.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
5. Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter (per pancake) into hot skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on top, and bottom is golden brown; then flip pancake/s and cook until other side is also golden brown (adjusting heat as necessary to keep pancake/s from burning).
6. Served with sliced strawberries and maple syrup.
Happy Valentines day!
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
Low in gluten