1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp of powdered stevia
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tbsp raw cacao
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup non dairy milk (or soy milk or almond milk)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cacao together in a large bowl. Mix in coconut oil until mixture becomes uniformly crumbly.
2. Stir in oats and chocolate chipschocolate chips. Add milk and mix gently until a soft dough begins to cling together. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and pat it into a circle (the size of a pie pan).
3. Cut into 8 wedges and place them on a greased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm when pressed lightly in the center.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Decreases blood pressure and improves blood vessel health
• Reduces risk of diabetes
• Stabilizes blood sugar
• Antioxidant that helps to protect the skin