Adapted from edible perspective
1/4cup buckwheat flour
1Tblsp raw buckwheat groats
1 small mashed banana
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
4Tblsp almond milk
1Tblsp maple syrup
1Tblsp chia seeds
1 flax egg [1T ground flax meal + 2.5T warm water, whisked, sit for 3-5min]
1/4tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 200F
2. Mix flax egg
3. Mash banana with a fork and mix in milk, vanilla and maple syrup.
4. Mix in flour, groats, cacoa, chia seeds, cinnamon, and baking powder.
5. Stir in flax egg. Add the walnuts.
6. Grease a muffin tin.
7. Pour the batter into each muffin tin about 2/3 full. If filled about 4-5.
8. Bake for 30min, and let cool for 5 minutes before taking out of the pan.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Good source of magnesium, copper and fiber
• helps stabilize blood sugar levels
• Helps prevent gallstones
• Gluten Free
• Decreases blood pressure and improves blood vessel health
• Reduces risk of diabetes
• Stabilizes blood sugar
• Antioxidant that helps to protect the skin