1/4 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons ground flax seed
1 mashed, ripe avocado
1/2 cup maple syrup (or honey, or agave nectar)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup flour (I used buckwheat flour) – you can use any flour
4 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats or quick-cooking oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175F) and oil a cookie sheet.
2. In a glass measuring cup whisk together the almond milk and ground flax seed and set aside for 3 minutes.
3. In a large mixing bowl stir together the mashed avocado and the maple syrup until creamy and as smooth as possible. 4. Beat in the flax seed almond milk mixture and vanilla extract, then sift in the baking soda, salt, cocoa and flour until combined.
5. Stir in the oats and make a thick dough.
6. Spoon the dough into balls on to the sheet about 2 inches apart, and gently flatten the dough balls with lightly moistened fingers.
7. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden and browned on the bottom.
8. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing.
9. I stored mine in the freezer. They are very good the day after.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Lowers cholesterol levels
• Good source of manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc
• Good source of fiber
• Contains antioxidants
• Cardiovascular benefits
• Stabilizes blood sugar levels
• High in fiber and Vitamin K
• anti inflammatory
• helps promote blood sugar regulation
• keeps the heart healthy