A creamy mixture of brown rice and seasonal vegetables
Adapted from VegWeb.com
2 cups cooked brown rice
large bunch of spinach, chopped
1 cup coarsely shredded carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1.5 tsp salt
1 can coconut milk
Lightly steam the chopped spinach.
In a fry pan, saute the carrots and onions with a dash of salt till the onions are starting to turn clear and add the mushrooms. Saute for about 2 minutes more, remove from heat.
Mix the veggies with 2 cups of brown rice. Add 1 tsp of salt and the can of coconut and mix again. Put into a greased 9×9 inch baking pan and baked at 350C for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Excellent source or manganese, magnesium and selenium
• Helps maintain a healthy body weight
• Rich in fiber
• Lowers cholesterol
• Helps to maintain blood sugar places
• Keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic
• Aids in building strong bones
• Helps to prevent anemia
• Relaxes muscles and nerves