Adapted from Fanatic Cook
2 cup precooked barley or brown rice
2 onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon tamari
Few teaspoons gomasio
1 head of broccoli (chopped and steamed for 5 minutes)
1 (or more) precooked black beans
1/2 cup-1 cup tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce)
1. Sauté onion in olive oil until golden.
2. Toss in the barley or brown rice and mix until heated through, 1 or 2 minutes.
3. Toss in the broccoli and mix. Season with tamari, gomasio, salt, pepper.
4. Toss in the black beans and mix until heated.
5. Put the barley black bean mixture into a small baking dish (I used an 9X9 square dish). Pour the tomato sauce over the mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Bake at 200C for 10-15 minutes.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Low in gluten
• High Fiber
• Protects intestines
• Lowers cholesterol
• Extremely high in fiber
• Loaded with anti-oxidants
• Contains insoluble fiber
• High in iron at 20% RDA
• Regulates blood glucose absorption
• High amount of potassium (good for the nervous system)
• Helps regulate blood pressure
• High amount of Vitamin C, Calcium and Vitamin K
• Helps in repairing skin damage