Adapted from Oh She Glows
1 1/2 cup buckwheat flour, you can substitute with other flours but use about 1/4 cup less
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2 medium very ripe bananas, peeled
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup – 3/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup homemade chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 8 X 8 inch pan. processor until flour like in consistency.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, rolled oats, spices, baking powder, and salt).
3. In another bowl, mix together the oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla. Add in the two peeled bananas and smash into the wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until just combined. Now fold in the chips, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
5. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once fully cooled, slice and top with Chocolate Banana Icing.
Makes 8-10 servings.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
•strengthens the immune system
•high in fiber
•helps to lower blood pressure
•aids in weight loss
•helps to combat depression
•contains manganese and zinc
•super high in anti-oxidants
•helps with inflammation
•1/4 cups contains more calcium than the same amount of milk
•1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana