10 kale leaves chopped
big bunch of red leaf lettuce chopped
2 carrots cut into thin pieces
4 green onions, chopped
2 heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces and roasted – see roasted broccoli recipe
10 button mushrooms – chopped and fried in 2 tsp. coconut oil
Mix all of the ingredients together and serve with your favorite dressing.
Dressing I used:
Balsamic Salad Dressing
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, chilled
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Combine ingredients in a small container with a lid.
2. Shake for 10 seconds.
3. Drizzle with a spoon over a fresh salad. Makes spring greens taste wonderfully refreshing!
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Contains antioxidant nutrients, anti-inflammatory nutrients, and anti-cancer nutrients
• Supports the cardiovascular system
• Excellent source of Vitamin K, A, and C
• High amount of potassium (good for the nervous system)
• Helps regulate blood pressure
• High amount of Vitamin C, Calcium and Vitamin K
• Helps in repairing skin damage
• Balances blood sugar levels
• high in Selenium
• Helps fight prostate cancer