• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (try and get free range chicken)
• 1 red pepper or green pepper
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/4 tsp chilli powder
• ½ zucchini
• 1 large onion
• 1/4 grated cheddar
• 1-2 flour whole wheat flour tortillas
• Slice chicken or into thin strips and fry in about 3 tbsp of water until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
• Grill chopped vegetables in water with the spices until soft and tender.
• To assemble. Lay tortillas out on counter top, place 2 or 3 slices of chicken along center of tortillas in a line. Add grilled vegetables, and then top with grated cheese or hummus. Fold in half and place on frying pan for 3 minutes each side.
• Cut in half diagonally. Serve immediately.
Let’s Talk Nutrition:
• Good source of protein
• an excellent source of the cancer-protective B vitamin, niacin.
• Good source of selenium
• Great source of vitamin B6-supports energy metabolism
• Lowers blood pressure
• Speeds up metabolism
• Reduces cholesterol
• Cancer prevention
• Great source of Vitamin A and C and beta-carotene
• Helps the cardiovascular system
• Support for Bone and Connective Tissue
• Anti-inflammatory benefits
• Helps balance blood sugar levels
• Helps lower blood pressure
• Cancer prevention veggie
• Maintains low blood sugar
• Good source of vitamin A, C, magnesium and potassium